Monday, 5 May 2008

2 weeks and counting!

Its been a while since my last blog, so what have I been up to????

For the last couple of months I've been strapping on the sneakers and getting miles in my legs for the Sydney half marathon on the 18th May. So now I've only got two more weeks to go and I'm feeling good! A little nervous as I've not run the course or the distance yet, but I've been running consistantly over the last few months gradually ramping up my distances so I've got no doubt I can run the full 21.2 km, its just how good a time I'll do. Hopefully I can overcome the mental barrier of running a little harder and make the time I'm aiming for!

Other than running, lots of hockey! I'm loving it this season and look forward to every game! I played two games on the weekend scoring 4 goals, 1 for the lower grade and 3 for my team. I think it helps that I'm the fittest I've been in years. I'll have to make sure I keep up the running after the half is over. I intend to as I'm really enjoying the running, but I'll need something to work towards to keep up the motivation as its pretty easy not to go!

Hopefully i'll have some pics for my next post!

No comments: