Thursday, 28 May 2009

May days

I've been a bit slack! May has almost disappeared, and despite it being an eventful month I haven't put up a post! So here is my lame attenpt to rectify...

The start of the month saw Paul and I heading down the coast to spend the weekend with my family, more specificially with my mum and dad, and the "Van Clan" - my brother, sister-in-law and nephew. We had a lovely weekend with beautiful weather. H decided early on that he liked us, based on the cheeky smiles we got, but was feeling a little shy and really just wanted to hang with mum! It was nice to get the whole famiy together as the few occasions we get seem to be few and far between.






Paul and I headed back to Sydney and were joined a few days later by the Van clan who took the slower route up the coast, taking in some of the sights. Once in Syd we took the pace a little slower, an easy day in the local neighbourhood, a fantastic trip to the zoo (H appeared to have a great time, and was feeling much more comfortable with his Auntie so was happy to by cuddled and carried, thus his Auntie also had a great time!), catching up with friends, and a lovely mothers day heading to Summer Hill for brunch, Balmoral Beach for a walk then a scenic drive up the coast to Palm Beach, something Malcolm and I had both never done before. It was lovely having them all in Sydney and getting to spend some more quality time, especially with my nephew who is growing so fast, he'll be quite different again next time I get a chance to be Auntie face-to-face. It was sad to say good bye not knowing when we'd all get the chance to see each other again.



Another weekend and another one away from Sydney, this time up the coast visiting Marney, Reggie and Zac with all the college girls. It was a great weekend of catching up, playing board games, good food, a boat trip and slow recovery from a cold and insect bites (well for me atleast). The only thing the weekend lacked was the full complement of the girls, Stef and Joc we missed you.

The penultimate May weekend saw us back in Sydney, but no rest for the wicked! We took in "Shane Warne the Musical" on friday night - it was fun and funny and didn't take itself too seriously. The singing was fantastic but they were a little lost in the loudness of the backing music which was a shame as each song was carefully crafted with many witty lyrics which sometimes you just missed. I can't say that much of the music stuck in my head and I'd struggle now to recall many of the songs but it was an enjoyable night all the same. Saturday we visited Annaleise and David and their kids and had a wonderfully relaxing afternoon tea, chatting away as you can with old and close friends. I finished off Saturday with a quick stop in at my hockey club pub crawl, which I left feeling happy I'd gone and happy i was going home! Sunday and I took in my 3rd live AFL match. Paul and I watched the Swans thump Port Adelaide (well mostly only in the 1st quarter - then they backed off a bit). I'm really starting to enjoy AFL, its much beter watching it live as you can see what is going on off the ball so much better.



Which brings me to the coming weekend. We're heading down to Canberra to watch the Swans play against the Western Bulldogs and catch up with Molla and Siobhan. Hope its not too cold!
Along with all the fun at weekends, it was lovely to be able to catch up with Kate, Iain and Ollie on their brief trip back to Oz. As always it was lovely seeing old friends and its always with a tinge of sadness when you say goodbye as you know it'll be a while until you see them again and you miss them inbetween. Speaking of old friends I'm off to dinner now with Marcie and Joss for Japanese for old times sake. Yum!
Bye!

No comments: