Thursday, 25 November 2010

Engagement!!!

After a long hiatus I'm back and with excellent news!

On 30th October 2010 on a deserted beach in Broken Bay after a lovely romantic build up Paul asked me to marry him. So now we are engaged and planning for our wedding and enjoying all the fun and planning that involves!

He was very sneaky subverting a weekend away on the boat staying at the Pittwater YHA to a romantic proposal weekend staying in a lovely little one bedroom flat on the waters edge at Berowra Waters. We cruised around on Saturday enjoying the lovely weather and beautiful scenery of tree covered sandstone embankments. After watching the start of the Gosford to Lord Howe Island yacht race we headed towards a deserted beach for lunch. On the way I discovered by looking at the map that the beach we appeared to be heading for was called (unbenonst to Paul) Eleanor's Beach. On communicating this Paul decided that was definitely where we should land! So after enjoying a light lunch sitting on the beach looking out the heads of Broken Bay to the open ocean, Paul offered me a diamond ring and asked me to marry him. Best dessert I've ever had!

To top it all off he had booked us in to Berowra Waters Inn for dinner, for a couple of minutes it looked like we might not make it when we discovered the boat had beached itself whilst we were getting engaged - obviously wanting to be part of the action - so we had to use our enginuity and good team work to get the boat back into the water. The dinner was amazing - delicious and beautiful food and wonderful company - I don't think I stopped smiling all night (and since!).
View from our digs in Berowra Waters
Eleanor's Beach
Newly engaged
Berowra Waters Inn
Arriving at Berowra Waters Inn for dinner

1 comment:

Gosia said...

So chuffed for you both!!
Love Gosia