Monday, 23 February 2009

Just a typical weekend...

Jen and my Waratah memberships kicked in again on Friday night. We're in the cheapest of the cheap seats - down low behind the goal posts but they are still pretty good - you really feel close to the action when they are scoring at your end! The game wasn't pretty but the result went in the right direction!


One advantage of being almost directly behind the goal posts is being able to see the ball go between the posts!


Saturday, and Paul, Amanda and I went to the zoo. Its been about 3 years since I last went I was especially keen to see the elephants as they hadn't arrived in town on my last visit. I wasn't disappointed! We all enjoyed the new southern ocean enclosure, the big cats and the chimps.



After our daytime excursion we were joined by Mitch and Cassie for a big band concert on the lawns of the zoo. Despite the rain it was a pretty cool night, soaking up the cool music, with a beautiful view across the harbour to the Opera House...


Then to round the weekend off nicely Paul and I headed to Deck bar for a lazy Sunday afternoon with some of his friends. Its a pretty spot.


No comments: