Tuesday, 10 April 2007

Happy Easter

I've just finished my first day back at work after the Easter long weekend and thought I'd write before I head home and get ready for hockey training!

I had a really nice relaxing weekend at home with Mum and Dad after spending most of good Friday at work so that I can use my public holiday when I want to! Mum and I drove down Friday night, it was really nice to spend some uninterrupted quality Mother-Daughter time, makes me appreciate my family more. Saturday morning I caught up with Savina and Leonie for some home-cooked poached eggs (first time for a lot us!) then headed out to Tidbinbilla with Mum and Dad for a short hike and some kanga viewing. On Easter Sunday we went out to lunch with my Nanna at the Sculpture Garden restaurant at the National Gallery - the food was excellent and the view great. The restaurant is under a marque looking out over a few of the sculptures. Here is some of what we could see...

Sunday night I headed with the rest of Canberra to watch the ACT Brumbies play the NSW Waratahs (its pretty much the only time you see a traffic jam! Instead of driving I chose the sensible option of perambulating my way there!). The game was a little ordinary despite 5 tries be the Brumbies, this had more to do with the Waratahs woeful defense rather than the brilliance of the Brumbies! That said the Brumbies deserved to win!










No comments: