Friday, 22 February 2008

Settlement and Renovations!

I stepped off the plane from my overseas jaunt and realised with excitement (and a little fear) that I'd soon (in 4 days to be precise) be handing over a rather large amount of money to get a small set of keys (and an apartment) in return!


Pretty much as soon as I had the keys I started to make changes to the place. The old seventies dingy, dusty, threadbare carpet had to go! So I had it ripped out and with the help of family and friends began to change the dirty pale peach coloured walls to something a little more appealing! We had a two week window to get the majority of the painting done before the new carpets and the built-in wardrobes were installed and I movied all my stuff in. I couldn't have managed it without an enormous amount of help from my mum and the numerous friends who came round and wielded a brush and a roller for a few hours/days at a time! Even before I got the new carpet in the fresh paint certainly made the place look more like home and once the carpet etc was in, along with all my stuff, it felt like home and that I'd been there forever not just a couple of weeks, intermittently in painting mode!





Once the main painting was done (white living with avocado green feature wall, blue spare room, yellow main bedroom) I moved on to the bathrooms (pale green) and the kitchen - which I got ripped out and replaced with a modern functional kitchen (see below!) I love all the changes I've made to the place - especially the kitchen it is a bright and fun place to prepare food!




There are still things to do around the place but I am slowly ticking off my list! Its nice just to be able to do stuff to a place without asking the agent to ask the landlord etc....

No comments: