Thursday, 28 February 2008

Sunny Sydney Summer!

Sydney has not seen much summer weather this year and it appears that in the city at least the drought has definitely broken! (A month of cancelled cricket games due to heavy rain on the weekends is proof of that!) We have had a lot of heavy rain and have gone quickly from drought to flood! In fact one weekend I very nearly had a flood in my apartment with a clogged gutter creating a waterfall onto my balcony, this would have been ok if the drainage hole wasn't blocked.

Luckily it happened 5 min before I was due to leave and I noticed the balcony covered in water and managed to unclog the hole and get it to drain - though it was pretty scary there for a little while. The whole time I was out it rained heavily and I was worried I'd come home to a swimming pool - luckily my simple filter over the drain hole stopped it clogging and allowed it to drain! I rang my strata the next day and got the gutters checked which is a relief since the last few days have had extremely heavy rain and localised flooding all over Sydney! My bus got stuck in a traffic jam for 20 min the other day because of a flooded intersection and a stuck car! I think its time for "summer" to end and a nice warm autumn to begin! Only one more (leap) day to go!


No comments: