Sunday, 7 September 2008

Between then and now!

Its been a while since my last blog entry, so here is a little snap shot of what I've been up to...

I became an Auntie to Heath Lachlan on July 23rd. He was pretty little at birth under 2.5 kilo, but he is apparently putting on weight like a trouper! Mum and dad (Kaila and Malcolm) are doing well and adjusting to there new life! Heath has finally decided to sleep a little better now too, so I'm sure that is helping. I'm pretty excited and really looking forward to December when I'll finally get to meet him!




I had an awesome week skiing at Perisher with Molla, Siobhan, Fiona and Amanda at the end of July. We had great conditions, with fresh snow almost every day, plenty of powder and only one day when it was pretty much white out. We got a combination ski-tube + lifts + lessons pass and I went to lessons 5 out of the 6 days we had on the snow. Our instructor Werner was awesome, except for Fiona we all started as level 4 - i.e we could ski, make turns stop etc but weren't necessarily using good technique - and on day 1 (monday) we got in a group who were planning on having lessons the whole week, and we got Werner every day which I think really helped as he learnt what we needed help with and we could carry on from where we left off the day before. By the end of the week Amanda and I felt confident enough to take on a black run and managed it (slowly) without any stacks or mishaps! The slightly demoralising thing was seeing a group of kids go down it without poles about 5x as fast taking narrow turns!


The last couple of months have been busy for Paul and I, meeting each other friends and general scoialising but we have occasionally been able to get some time to oursleves and a few weekends ago we headed out for a couple of bushwalks to help Paul with his preparation for Kokoda (which he's starting next week). We headed to Mt Kuringai one weekend to Apple Tree Bay for a couple of hour hike before my hockey game. It was a beautiful spring day and lovely to get outside and into the bush. The wild flowers were almost, but not quite out! The following weekend we headed to Berowra waters and headed along the track to Cowan, taking in lots of up and down and lots more wild flowers - it really was beautiful!










We also said farwell to Ingrid and Moira who are off exploring the world, well mostly India, south east Asia and South America for the next six months. They held a vinyl farewell party, so we all bought along a (dodgy) vinyl and dressed accordingly. Paul and I went as Barry Gibb and Barbara Steisand from the album Guilty - lots of tight white (hence no picture!).


Kylie Minogue (Gen), Christina Amphlett (Lee), Tina Turner (Moz), Prince (Ing) and Babes (Me)

No comments: