Monday, 22 September 2008

Saying goodbye to the twenties

I celebrated leaving my twenties with a 1920s themed birthday party. It was a great night and everyone looked fabulous in their twenties inspired gear. I’d hired out a room at a pub in Balmain with chandelier, private bar and section of balcony, and hooked up my ipod to stream 1920s music all night. I don’t think the food was particularly faithful to the theme (I’m not entirely sure what party food was served in the 1920s!), but by all accounts it was tasty, what with all the champagne and socializing I sort of forgot to eat much! I made (with help on the icing from Siobhan and Molla – thank you!) a mud cake and some berry cupcakes (see below blog posts for recipes and pictures) for desert, as you can’t have a birthday party without a cake to hold the candles (its pretty hard to blow out 30 candles on a large cake in one breath – I think I needed about 5!).


Thanks to everyone who came along for making it such an awesome night, I had a fabulous time and was glad I could share my birthday with so many friends, those who couldn’t make it were definitely in my thoughts and were missed. Thank you too for all the generous birthday presents, I have wonderful friends.

1 comment:

m said...

Glad you had a fabulous night, I did too! Everyone looked so glamorous!

xx